Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts are now CLOSED.
The Organising Committee for the ASPR 2010 Conference invites you to be part of this year’s conference by submitting an abstract for either paper or poster presentation.
Abstracts are now being called for 15 minute oral presentations, the Early Career Researcher Symposium and/or poster presentations. While we particularly encourage submissions which address the conference theme ‘Glial-neuronal Networks in Neuropsychiatry’ and focus on how better understanding of the glial-neuronal networks that determine mental ill-health may lead to new preventative and therapeutic strategies, we also invite submissions across many other sub-themes as listed below:
Please note: Poster presentations will be an important feature of this year’s ASPR Conference with dedicated time in the program for viewing and discussion.
- Affective Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Awareness and Advocacy in Mental Health
- Cardiovascular Disease and Depression
- Circadian Rhythms and Sleep in Psychiatry
- Clinical Staging of Adolescent Onset Mental Disorders
- Cognitive Training and Other Non-pharmacological Interventions
- Developmental Disorders
- Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia
- Primary Care in Health Services Research
- Public Health
- Substance Misuse/Abuse
Abstracts of no more than 250 words should be submitted, indicating how the presentation will link to the conference theme/subtheme. If the presentation relates to a research project, an outline of the background, aims, methods, results, limitations and conclusions of the research should be given in the abstract.
Abstracts may be submitted by logging on to the Speakers Portal
and following the instructions to complete your:
1. Name and contact details
2. The title of your presentation
3. Theme of presentation
4. Names of all author/s and who will be presenting
5. Indicate the presentation format (15 minute oral, Poster presentation or Early Career Researcher Symposium)
6. Indicate if you wish to be considered for an award
7. Upload your abstract in Word format only
IMPORTANT: Use the Abstract Template Provided to ensure your word document is formatted correctly and follow the instructions carefully. Incorrectly submitted documents will be sent back to the author for reformatting and this may exceed the deadline date for your submission to be received.
* Please note some awards require nominations to be made and others are open to all attendees, and are selected at the conference. Specific guidelines are also applicable for each award. Awards where nominations are required must be received by October 30, 2010. Please refer to the ASPR website http://www.aspr.org.au/awards.php for further information regarding the awards guidelines.
- Founder's Medal
- ASPR Eli Lilly Oration Award
- Schering-Plough Award
- Australian Rotary Health (ARH) Knowledge Dissemination Award
- AFFIRM Early Career Research Scholar Award
- ASPR Consumer-Researcher Award
- ASPR-Schizophrenia Fellowship Consumer-Researcher Award
- Depression and Anxiety Consumer Research Unit (CRU) Medal (New Award for 2010)
- Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW Research Trust Fund Bursary
- Early Career Research Scholar Award
- Best Debut Presentation and Best Poster
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
|Deadline for submission of abstracts:
||Thursday 15 July 2010
|Authors advised of abstract acceptance:
|Deadline for ‘early bird’ registration:
||Wednesday 6 October 2010
|Deadline for PowerPoint presentations:
||Thursday 4 November 2010
- Potential oral and poster presenters should note that all costs to attend the conference must be met from their own resources. As a commitment to attend and support the conference, accepting presenters are required to pay and register for the full conference program or for the day of their presentation.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Scientific Committee who reserve the right to reject any abstract it considers does not meet the conference criteria.
- Due to space restrictions of the conference program, it may not be possible for all abstracts meeting the criteria to be included in the program. This is especially the case for oral presentations. It may be possible that author’s of abstracts not included for oral presentations will be offered the opportunity to present the work in poster format.
- All submitting authors will be notified of the outcome of their submission in August 2010.
To submit an abstract or to make changes to your current abstract submission, please click here